It is back to school time and that means the store shelves are filling up with crayons, pencils, crisp notebooks, and calculators! Families are shopping for supplies, new clothes, and working their way back to a schedule and routine. Kids are struggling with earlier bedtimes, and parents could be feeling all the feelings as their child enters Kindergarten or their senior year of high school.
Regardless of the child’s age, when kids outgrow their clothes and/or are moving to a new grade level, it is important to consider if they have outgrown their books as well! Back to school time is a great reminder to update learning materials.
Here are the Top 10 Back to School Materials from Usborne Books & More
- Wipe Clean Books! These books all come with a dry erase marker to provide hours of interactive learning for all ages! From learning to hold a pencil (marker) and controlling movements with the Beginning Pen Control book, tracing over the alphabet in First Letters, to working on math problems in Times Table there is something for all!
- Lift-the-Flap Questions and Answers! Are you hearing “Why? How? When? Where? Who? What?” at an increasing pace? There is a book – actually several -for that! Why Do We Need Bees, Questions and Answers about Food, General Knowledge, and What is Poop? will keep your reader engaged in exploring a variety of topics!
- Beginner Readers! These non-fiction titles allow readers to pick a specific topic they have interest in and dive deep into learning more, in a way that young readers can understand. Regardless if your reader is interested in Caterpillars and Butterflies, Weather, Volcanoes, or Trains, we have your covered!
- Phonics Readers! Is your reader at pre-reading, or still learning to read? Phonics readers are silly stories embedded in the foundation of phonics. Paired with fun illustrations, these titles are bound to have your reader asking for more! Who could pass up Bee Makes Tea, Hyena Ballerina, or Goat in a Boat?
- Encyclopedias! Who said encyclopedia reading is boring? From My First Encyclopedia of Science, to The Living World Encyclopedia, these titles engage with beautiful photographs, illustrations, maps, charts, and detailed explanations.
- Interactive / Engaging Math, Science, and Career discovery! This is Not a Math Book (on special right now!), Engineer Academy, Vet Academy, and several more similar titles are designed to get kids thinking about math and science in new ways. By incorporating drawing, creative thinking, and fun project, these titles are sure to please and have your kids excited for back to school.
- Reading Program titles! Does your school participate in one of the reading programs, such as Accelerated Reading, or Lexile? We have titles sorted into these categories to make searching for books easier!
- Learning Palettes: For various subject and ages, these interactive items play more like a game. They are self correcting to allow students to play and advance on their own!
- Wrap-Ups: Another Self correcting game, these are a great size to carry in the car or in a back pack! Practicing math and learning state capitals will be an engaging experience using these!
- What-If Monster: Is your child nervous about school? Jonathan James and the Whatif Monster steps kids through the what ifs of life. Add the adorable What If Monster plush for a complete gift set.
What books are you adding to your back to school wish list?